The route starts at the Zomerfabriek, located at Minkelersstraat 2, 2018 Antwerp. Participants of the 40 km are welcome here from 7:00. The participants of the 20 km from 12:00. The team captain can register the team from then on.
Do you prefer not to be in photos that are published? Then also come here to collect your red sticker to make this known. That way the photographers will know you prefer not to be in pictures or published publicly.
The central event of the Refugee Walk will take place at Zomerfabriek, located at Minkelersstraat 2, 2018 Antwerp. Participants who registered for this will start and finish here.
We encourage as much as possible to come by public transport or bicycle:
- By train, get off at Antwerp-Berchem. From there it is a 10-minute walk to the Zomerfabriek.
- By bus, get off at the stop 'Borgerhout Station Oost'. From there it is a 4-minute walk to the Zomerfabriek.
- For cyclists, sufficient bicycle parking is provided so that your bicycle can be safely secured.
Do you come by car? Then you can park behind the Zomerfabriek in the parking lot of the Zomerfabriek itself. However, spaces are limited.
The starting signal for the 40 km will be at 8:00. For the 20 km, it will be at 13:00.
Thanks to signposting, there is no need to get out your map and compass, but you can fully enjoy the surroundings. Would you still like to consult or download the route in advance? You will soon be able to do so via RouteYou!
Don't forget to bring a packed lunch, if you didn't order one. Your body needs fuel! If you did order a packed lunch from Dilbi restaurant, you can pick it up:
- before departure from 12:00 at the Zomerfabriek, if you walk the 20 km route
- at the second rest point after 20 km, if you walk the 40 km route
If you would like to purchase a meal after the walk or buy some merchandising as a souvenir, you can pay in different ways:
A prepared walker is worth two
Our fingers are crossed for dry weather, but a mackintosh and sturdy footwear are definitely not a luxury. Also make sure you have definitely broken in your shoes first.